We are currently welcoming applications from highly qualified economics graduates to join our team, starting between January and September 2021.
Applications from EU citizens are extremely welcome, regardless of the ongoing uncertainty around Brexit. We highly value the multinational (pan-European and beyond) nature of our staff and intend to keep it this way irrespective of the Brexit outcome.
These entry-level positions offer an environment in which individuals can develop their potential to become professional economists. Successful applicants will be expected to work effectively with your colleagues and our clients, using their knowledge of economics to address real world problems. They should have a strong understanding of economic theory (with examination results to demonstrate this) and a genuine interest in applying economics to real world situations.
Our company structure offers frequent opportunities to advance these skills by contributing to our project and proposal work, working as part of a team on each assignment. As individuals gain experience they develop specialist expertise (e.g. in a particular practice area) and leadership skills and contribute further to the success and development of the business. In the longer term, our ambition is that individuals hired as Economic Analysts flourish as professional economists within the firm.
We look for the following in any application we receive:
Essential skills and attributes:
- Very good undergraduate degree (at least a 2:1, usually a First) in economics, from a world-class higher education institution
- Advanced training in microeconomics and econometrics (ideally including cross-sectional and time series econometrics)
- Passion for economics and practical economic research
- High level of motivation, with an ability to work on your own initiative, as well as part of a project team
- Excellent quantitative skills (including data management, statistics and econometrics)
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Fluency in English
- Masters degree in economics
- Knowledge of Stata, SAS (and other statistical/econometric packages) and MS Excel
- Previous experience (e.g. an internship) working as an economist in the private or public sector
- Knowledge of different languages
How to apply
To apply, please send your application by e-mail to [email protected], quoting ‘LE-RECRUIT-Economic Analyst’.
When contacting us you should enclose:
- A cover letter indicating your economic interests and motivation for working at London Economics.
- A curriculum vitae:
- Describing your academic background and grades (we do not require transcripts at this stage);
- Describing your employment record;
- Giving the names of at least two referees; and
- Stating your nationality and visa situation if applicable, in case we need to help with work permit applications.