Economic Consultant/Analyst (REF: ‘EA-Tech/RegSEA’) – Posted on 18.09.2019
Salary range £32,000 – £34,000 depending on experience, and a range of workplace benefits (such as private health insurance)
London Economics are keen to receive applications from highly qualified economists for a permanent Economic Analyst position. The role is based in our growing London office and offers a competitive salary.
We are keen to reinforce our expanding consulting team in the areas of (i) advanced technologies and (ii) economic regulation with a focus on in south east Asian markets.
The ideal candidate will be exceptionally highly qualified in economics, with at least a Masters degree from a world leading (top ten) university. They will ideally have experience working in academia and as a professional economist the consulting sector and be able to contribute immediately across a wide spectrum of analytical tasks. They will have an analytical mindset and be trained in economics especially microeconomics, macroeconomics, econometrics, game theory, development economics and monetary economics. Candidates should outline the following skills in their application, quoting the reference above:
- Practical experience applying economic method to diverse problem including framing the questions, designing and implementing the most appropriate methodological approach to fulfil the research objective, and to deliver research outputs to the highest standards of academic rigour
- Excellent writing skills in English
- MSc Economics with Merit or Distinction, from a world leading (top ten) university (e.g. London School of Economics)
- BSc Economics with First Class Honours
- Research experience in the field of advanced technology, such as synthetic biology
- Experience working in an economics consultancy, preferably in the areas of advanced technologies and/or economic regulation with a focus on in south east Asian markets
- Knowledge of Stata, R, Eviews
- Academic teaching experience in microeconomics and econometrics
- Fluency in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Public speaking experience
Closing Data: 01.11.2019